In accordance with the federal Privacy Act, Dualicom is committed to protecting the personal information you provide through electronic forms and questionnaires on this website. Dualicom only collects personal information needed to administer its programs and activities.
At the time of collection, you will be asked for your consent and advised of the purpose for which the information is being collected. The personal information you provide will only be used with your consent and, moreover, only for the purposes to which you have agreed.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. Your personal information will only be disclosed to another party if:
• You have consented to the disclosure of the information to another party.
• The disclosure is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Your personal information may be shared within Dualicom for the purpose of updating your mailing address, sending you information about our products or services, or responding to a request submitted by you. At any time, you can request that your name be removed from our mailing list for information on new products and services. Simply notify us by following the instructions at the end of the promotional material.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, you have the right to access any personal information kept about you by Dualicom. You can also request that the information be correct if you believe it to be inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
For more information about the Privacy Act, contact Dualicom by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at the following address:
Dualicom, 172 Rue de la Prairie, Varennes, Quebec J3X 1Y6
Attention: José Deschênes
• A session cookie is a small text file placed on your browser by a web server. Unique to you, it serves as an identification card and can only be read by the server that issued it to you. Dualicom’s secure online applications use session cookies to improve site navigation as well as your online experience. These cookies allow for the management of information across pages within these applications. Session cookies are deleted from your computer’s hard drive once you close your web browsing session.
• A persistent cookie is more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the website that placed it on your browser. It serves as an identification card and can only be read by the server that issued it to you. At Dualicom, we use persistent cookies to record your language preference and to determine how many visitors access, navigate or use our website.
Since we aggregate all information gathered during visits to our website, these data cannot be used to personally identify you in any way. The information helps us monitor how well our website performs and make improvements as required.
Under no circumstances will Dualicom use any type of cookie to:
• Retrieve any information from your computer that is not part of the cookie we assigned to you.
• Write any code, as part of the cookie, that could harm your computer.
If you do not want cookies stored on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies. To learn how, consult your browser’s help files. If you disable session cookies, you will still be able to access our public website. However, you could experience difficulty using the site’s secure services. If you have never disabled session cookies option, they should be enabled by default.
From time to time, Dualicom may use software or other tools to monitor network traffic or the security of our website. Dualicom will in no way link this information with the identity of website visitors, unless an attempt to damage the site or breach security is detected or reasonably suspected. In such cases, Dualicom reserves the right to use or disclose personal information to investigate the security breach.
External service providers
Dualicom uses external service providers to operate and administer our websites and computer systems. As a result, much of your personal information may be stored on computer systems owned and operated by these outside providers. These service providers are bound by a contract with Dualicom to treat all personal information they receive in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Since privacy-related issues and requirements are constantly changing, Dualicom reserves the right to change this policy from time to time by providing notice on our website. We encourage you to review this policy often.
Last Revised: May 30, 2018